Protecting your head and face from the sun doesn’t mean you need to hide indoors all summer! There are plenty of cute, trendy, and sun-proof hats out there to help protect you from the sun while still lookin’ good!
Below are some of our top picks for the best sun protection hats for women. All these hats get high praise online – we think you’ll love them too!
What Makes a Great Sun Hat?
When shopping for your ideal summer hat, here are some factors to consider:
- UPF Rating. Naturally, a higher UPF rating is always preferable. All the hats we detailed here have a 50 UPF rating, so you’re in good hands!
- Wide Brim. Wider brims allow for more shade to cover your face and, in some cases, parts of your neck as well. To get the most shade coverage possible, opt for a hat with a wide brim.
- Packability. Some hats are designed to be smashed and rolled without losing much of their shape. While this isn’t important for everyone, if you plan on traveling and packing your hat a lot, looking for a packable, foldable hat isn’t a bad idea.
- Chin Strap. Chin straps aren’t a must-have feature depending on what activities you plan on wearing your hat for. However, if you’re going to be in windy areas like the beach or out on the water, an adjustable chin strap will keep your hat securely on your head and prevent it from flying off.
- Back-Of-Hat Cord. Some hats feature a drawstring cord that wraps around the entire hat – this can be handy for adjusting the size of the hat and ensuring a snug fit. While most hats will give you specific head measurements for optimal sizing, if you’re not sure what size to get, at least having an adjustable hat cord will allow a bit of size flexibility.
This SIGGI Summer Flap Cap features a 50 UPF rating and a simple design that should be compatible with most summer outfits in your wardrobe.
It offers a wide 4.7” brim, allowing for enough shade to cover your forehead, eyes, and cheeks too!
The hat has an adjustable cord at the back of the hat to let you adjust the size, but the ideal fit will work for head sizes between 55-58 cm.
The hat comes in nine different colors, ranging from beige to blue. Some colors also have patterns on the inside brim as well!
The SIGGI Cotton Bucket Hat features a bucket-style design along with a 50+ UPF rating.
Fans love that this hat is ultra-packable – you can crush it in your bag and it still won’t leave a crease, so it’s ideal for travel.
The hat also has a thin piece of wire around the rim which helps maintain the shape. You can even flip up the brim if you’d like.
The hat is designed to for those with a 56-59CM head circumference and comes in navy, beige, black, and pink.
The Sloggers Wide Brim Braided Hat offers a UPF 50+ rating in a stylish and fashionable braided design.
Available in nine different colors and is suited for small-medium head sizes (one user reports the hat actually measures in at 22.5 inches, so we suggest using that for a measurement).
This women’s sun hat from Solaris features a wide 4” brim and a 50 UPF rating, all while staying breathable and super light.
Fans especially love the foldable design – the hat’s brim can be folded for easy transportation – or, you can even roll the entire hat right up to pack it.
This hat also features an adjustable chin drawstring and moisture-wicking headband to keep sweat away from your forehead.
There’s also a floral scarf towards the back of the hat that, in addition to looking cute, can be tightened to keep the hat securely on your head during windy days.
This hat is designed to fit those with a head circumference of 24”or less. It comes in five colors: blue, pink, purple, tan, and white.
The SIGGI Beach Straw Hat combines fashionable design with sunproof effectiveness.
This 3.7” wide brim hat can keep your face shaded, and the soft straw material means that this hat is foldable and packable for trips.
The straw-style hat comes in several colors and is best suited for those with a head sized between 56-58cm.
Have you ever tried one of the hats we listed here? Any other women sunproof hats you recommend? Share your thoughts in the comments!