Whether you’re out on the water catching a seabass, or out on the greens hitting balls, you’ll want to protect your face from the sun’s rays.
Today we’re highlighting our top picks for the best men’s sunproof hats. These hats are all designed with sun protection in mind. Enjoy the outdoors without getting fried!
What to Consider When Shopping For a Sun Hat
- Brim Size. Sun hats can have varying brim length, from just a couple of inches to 4 or even 5 inch brims! The longer your hat’s brim, the more face and neck coverage you’ll get.
- Flaps. Some sun hats offer back and side flaps to provide additional barrier against the sun.
- Ventilation. Mesh paneling can be handy to have in a sun hat, allowing for added ventilation to stop your head from getting to sweaty!
- Sweatband. Some hats will include a built-in wicking sweatband to keep your forehead dry.
- Drawstring. Many sun hats include adjustable drawstrings for around your neck. This is handy on a windy day or out on the water, allowing you to tighten the chin strap to keep your hat from blowing off your head.
- Reflective Trim. If your outdoor activities require you to be out at dawn or dusk, you may want to look for a sun hat that includes reflective trim, which can provide added visibility when the sun isn’t high in the sky.
This collapsible hat features a series of flaps for total face and neck protection. Flaps can be removed for your convenience, but for those that want complete sun protection, they are a welcomed bonus.
The hat offers a UPF rating of 50+ as well as quick-drying features and mesh side panels for added ventilation.
While this hat features a fairly masculine design, it’s unisex and suitable for both men and women.
This classic outdoors hat from Columbia is a tried-and-true favorite. With a UPF 50 rating for sun protection and a wicking sweatband, it should keep you safe from the sun as well as keep you cool.
The hat is made of textured nylon poplin, and features an adjustable chin strap as well as a drawcord and toggle at the back of the hat, allowing you to adjust the size and in some cases tighten the drawstring on especially windy days.
This men’s sun protection has featured a design similar to the Columbia hat above, with a 50+ UPF rating and adjustable drawstrings at the chin and at the back of the hat to customize size based on your own head shape.
This hat has an exceptionally large brim, with a 4 ¾ inch brim for extra sun coverage.
While the design is masculine, this hat is technically unisex, so it should work fine for women too!
This Coolibar Men’s Golf Hat offers a stylish look along with a UPF 50+ rating.
With a front brim of 4 inches and side brims at 3 inches, it should offer plenty of face shade coverage.
The hat also has a drawcord at the back of the crown for adjusting the fit, plus an internal sweatband and a chin drawstring to keep the hat securely atop your head.
The hat comes in six different colors and three sizes – S/M (22 3/4 inch), L/XL (23 5/8 inch), and XXL (24 5/9 inch).
This sport’s cap from GADIEMKENSD is a bit different than the other styles of hats we’ve seen here for men’s sun protection.
While of course a hat with a 360 brim will cover more skin area, if you prefer sport caps, then this hat is a great option.
This cap offers a 40+ UPF rating and a 4 inch brim. The brim and edges of this hat are reflective, making it a smart choice for night time running to ensure that you stay visible to passing motorists.
The cap’s brim has a three folds design that makes the hat easy to fold and pack away on trips.
The cap comes in six different colors and is designed to fit head sizes between 21.6 inches and 24.4 inches.
What about you? Do you have any favorite picks when it comes to great sun protective hats for men? Share your top picks in the comments!